Ohhh Lulu Longline Bra Reviewed
Today my beautiful Ohhh Lulu longline bra arrived. And let me tell you, it truly is gorgeous. Here are some pictures of it straight from Ohhh Lulu’s blog:
Unfortunately though, the fit was not a success, but I do believe there is potential for another bra with some alterations to fit well. My fit problems were:
- Band too loose, fully stretches to about 29 inches
- Straps too long, I could tighten them so the adjuster was all the way at the front of the bra. It’s not a very comfortable feeling
- Straps are also very stretchy, stiffer straps would be more comfortable and need to be adjusted less
- Cups a bit too small. Not small enough that couldn’t get away with them, but bigger wold be a better fit
- Seam that sits below the bust is too wide, so the sides of my breasts get no support and create an awkward fold
- Shape was quite east west, instead of forward facing perhaps because of the width of the seam that sits under the breasts
Now to look at the pros. The bra is gorgeous. The satin is an awesome colour and the inside is lined with very comfortable cotton. Since it’s a longline, the band sits nice and low on my back, which I personally find extremely comfortable. The straps are fully adjustable and quite thin, so I could wear it with strappy tops. However, they also dig in a bit because they’re so thin.
Sarah, the shop’s owner was apprehensive about the fit of the bra due to the lack of stretch in the satin, but thankfully that was not a problem. So we’ve decided to give it another shot and make necessary changes to the bra to get the correct fit. Just to mix it up I’ve decided to go with a new colour scheme for the next bra. It will feature forest green satin with black lace overlaid. I’m excited to see how it goes!
I also want to mention that this particular style of bra can be made with underwires, so that is an option for additional support.
For any readers with a small bust looking for a comfy and beautiful bra, check out Ohhh Lulu’s shop on Etsy! I promise you will not be disappointed.